Catherine practices in the areas of civil litigation including personal injury claims, family, real property, estates and corporate law. She has experience advising clients in personal injury cases by effectively managing and resolving claims. She also regularly assists clients with their family matters involving custody, parenting time, support and division of matrimonial property issues. In addition, Catherine routinely advises clients with their real estate, estates and corporate matters.
Catherine has appeared as counsel before the Small Claims Court, Nova Scotia Provincial Court and Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island Supreme Courts as well as the New Brunswick Court of Queen’s Bench. She has also developed a keen interest in alternative dispute resolution and is pleased to offer clients her collaborative family law services to help them resolve their issues in a dignified and cost-effective way without having recourse to the traditional court system.
Fluently bilingual, Catherine is a graduate of St. Francis Xavier University and holds a B.A. Honours in Political Science. After completing her Master’s degree in Political Science and law degree at the University of British Columbia, she articled at a national firm in Vancouver.
Returning to Northern Nova Scotia allows Catherine to enjoy the beautiful outdoors on the shore of the Northumberland Strait. You will likely see her out hiking with her family and running on the trails around Amherst.
Awards and recognition
- Borden Ladner Gervais Research Fellowship
- Law Foundation Scholarship
- Doris Curtis Memorial Scholarship
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Past President and Past Secretary/Treasurer, Member, Cumberland County Barristers’ Association
- Member, Association des juristes d’expression française de la Nouvelle-Écosse
- Collaborative Family Law Lawyer Certification
- Board Member, United Way of Cumberland County (2016 to date)
- Lead coach, Cumberland Sporting Club youth running team (2015 to date)
- L.L.B., University of British Columbia (2008)
- M.A. University of British Columbia (2003)
- B.A., St. Francis Xavier University (2001) Dean’s List
- Nova Scotia (2009)
- New Brunswick (2015)